For my next Blender project, I needed to know how to put an object in a circle. So, I had to figure out how to do that. It’s actually not that hard to arrange objects in a circle in Blender! I wrote this information down so that if others need it, they might find this useful.
Please note that I am using Blender 3.5. If you want to put an object in a circle and you are using a different version of Blender, I do not guarantee that you can do so in the exact same manner.
So let’s get started! If you’re looking to array objects in a circle in Blender 3.5, this little tutorial might come in handy for you!
How to Put an Object in a Circle
– First make sure your object in placed in the middle
– Add a circle
– Convert the circle to a curve (Object -> Convert -> Curve)
– Select your object and go to the Modifiers tab
– Select Array Modifier
– Add a Curve Modifier as well and “Circle” as the Curve Object
– Now you can play with the number of objects in your circle and the spacing in between your objects
Modifying the Objects in a Circle
– Your object can be edited (like resizing and rotating) and the change will apply to all objects in the circle.
– You can resize the circle and make it bigger or smaller. You will have to adjust the number of objects in the array modifier accordingly.
And that’s it! Now you know how to use the array modifier to array objects around in a circle in Blender 3.5. I hope this little guide has been useful to you!
Watch the Video
Thank you for checking out my Blender Note! I am by all means a beginner in Blender, so I do not feel qualified to label this post as a 'tip' or 'tutorial'. However, I decided to upload this note for myself, and hopefully it can be useful to others as well.
♥ If you find my notes useful, please consider supporting me by making a small donation via my Ko-Fi page!